Updated: Apr 24, 2021
1.Almost 40% of Americans believe that cancer can be cured with alternative therapies alone. When used with, not in place of traditional medicine the success rates are much higher.
2. Studies show alternative medicine works wonderfully for preventing disease.
3. Alternative medicine includes dietary supplements, megadose vitamins, herbal preparations, special teas, massage therapy, magnet therapy, and spiritual healing(such as reiki)
4.Mind-Body medicine uses a variety of techniques designed to enhance the minds capacity to affect the body functioning symptoms. Including meditation, prayer, mental healing and therapies that use creative outlets like art, dance and music.
5. Reiki is a form of energy healing based on the idea that a “life force” energy flows through everyone’s body. According to this philosophy, sickness and stress are indications that life force energy is low, while energy, health, and happiness signify a strong life force.
6. A 2015 analysis found that Reiki may provide pain and anxiety relief for those with cancer, post-operative pain, and other ailments
7. 2017 studies echoed similar sentiments. A review of 13 studies found that Reiki is more effective than placebo for pain relief, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, and overall quality of life
8. In a Reiki session, a practitioner seeks to transfer life energy to the client by placing their hands lightly on the client’s body or a slight distance away from the body. Reiki can also be performed long-distance. The purpose is to promote relaxation, speed healing, reduce pain, and generally improve the client’s well-being. For the most part, there’s no regulation for Reiki practitioners.
9. Holistic medicine is also based on the belief that unconditional love and support is the most powerful healer and a person is ultimately responsible for their own health and well-being.
10. Always always listen to your body! It never lies.